Sunday, July 17, 2011

Raw Vegan Almond Milk!

A few months ago, I cut out drinking milk almost entirely, so since then, I've been drinking soy and almond milk. While store bought almond milk is healthier than soy milk, I don't like the fact that there are so many "other" ingredients and it's much more processed (I like to try to stick to foods where I understand what most of the ingredients are). Earlier this week, I came across this interesting recipe for Raw Vegan Almond Milk

It's surprisingly simple, so I figured, why not try it? I soaked about half a dozen almonds in water overnight, and threw them in the blender with about 22-ish oz (I really didn't measure it) of water along with a pinch of salt and about a teaspoon of agave nectar and blended away! To strain it, I used a large mesh tea strainer. Overall, I think it turned out pretty well, I think mine probably came out as "skim" so next time I'll try adding more almonds but I'm definitely planning on doing it again. After all, it's cheap, easy and healthy- what's not to like?

No comments:

Post a Comment