Saturday, September 3, 2011

Hearty Raspberry Pancakes

I finally made this recipe this morning (I needed a bit of a break from all the waffles and pancakes I've been making as of late).

I wanted to follow the recipe exactly, but seeing as I didn't have all the specified ingredients, I improvised a little, and thankfully, the pancakes still turned out wonderfully!!

Without further adieu, here is my adapted version of Saavy Eats Hearty Raspberry Pancakes!

1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 cup low-fat milk
1/2 cup crushed pecans
3/4 cup raspberries

In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, wheat germ, flax seed, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the almond extract, canola oil and milk, stirring until completely mixed together. Fold in the raspberries and pecans.

Heat a pan with salted butter and scoop out pancakes. Flip them when the edges begin to firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment