Friday, April 8, 2011

Eggplant for Breakfast!

This morning, to cut down on carbs but still get a healthy, filling breakfast I decided to make a recipe that I was given from a friend a few weeks ago. It's called Eggplant French Toast.

Eggplant French Toast

1 small eggplant
2 eggs (I used egg whites)
1 T cinnamon
1/8 t nutmeg
1/16 t Stevia

I cut the eggplant into 1/4-1/2 in disks (since it was just for myself however, I only cut 3 pieces). Combine the eggs (again, I only used egg whites), cinnamon, nutmeg and stevia into a large dish and soak the eggplant on both sides for a few minutes. Then throw them into a pan at medium heat and flip until golden brown on each side.

For a topping, I used a tablespoon of pure agave nectar and on tablespoon of natural peanut butter.

I highly recommend trying this- it's a healthier, fun take on a traditional breakfast and it tastes great!

No comments:

Post a Comment